ADVENT-ARK - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* ADVENT-ARK > Topics

Subject: SABBATH REST FOR ALL
Replies: 3 Views: 1757

shalome7 2.07.08 - 11:06am

DON'T FORGET THE SABBATH
funny J. Crosby

Don't forget the Sabbath, the LORD our GOD hath blessed, of all the week the brightest, of all the week the best. It brings repose from labor, it tells of joy divine, its beams of light descending, with heavenly beauty shine.

~Refrain~
Welcome, welcome, ever welcome, BLESSED Sabbath day. Welcome, welcome, ever welcome, BLESSED Sabbath day.

~2~ Keep the Sabbath holy, and worship HIM today, WHO said to HIS disciples, ''I am the living way.'' And if we meekly follow our SAVIOUR here below, HE'll give us of the fountain whose streams eternal flow.

~3~ Day of sacred pleasure! Its golden hours we'll spend in thankful hymns to JESUS, the children's dearest Friend. O gentle loving, SAVIOUR, how good and kind THOU art, how precious is THY promise to dwell in every heart!

~*Genesis 2:2-3*~
And on the seventh day GOD ended HIS work which HE had done, and HE rested on the seventh day from all HIS work which HE had done.
~ Then GOD blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it HE rested from all HIS work which GOD had created and made.

THE FOURTH COMMANDMENT is the ONLY commandment that starts with REMEMBER
~*~Exodus 20:8-11~*~
~ Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

~ Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
~ but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your GOD. In it you shall do NO work: you, nor your son, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates.
~ For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD BLESSED the Sabbath day and HALLOWED it.

~*~Isaiah 29:13~*~
~Therefore the LORD said: ''Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths and honor ME with their lips, but have removed their hearts far from ME, and their fear toward ME is

venecia7 3.07.08 - 01:34pm

taught by the commandment of men.''

~*~Isaiah 56:1-8~*~
~ Thus says the LORD: ''Keep justice, and do righteousness. For MY salvation is about to come, and MY righteousness to be revealed.''
''Blessed is the man who does this, and the son of man who lays hold on it; Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, and keeps his hand from doing any evil.''
''Do not let the son of the foreigner who has joined himself to the LORD speak saying, 'The LORD has utterly separated me from HIS people'; nor let the eunuch say, 'Here I am, a dry tree.' ''
For thus says the LORD: ''To the eunuchs who keep MY sabbaths and choose what pleases ME and hold fast MY covenant, even to them I will give in MY house and within MY walls a place and a name better than that of sons and daughters: I will give them an everlasting name that shall not be cut off.''
''Also the sons of the foreigner who join themselves to the LORD to serve HIM, and to love the name of the LORD, to be HIS servants-everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, and holds fast MY covenant''
''Even them I will bring to MY holy mountain, and make them joyful in MY house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on MY altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.''
The LORD GOD, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says, ''Yet I will gather to him others besides those who are gathered to him.''

~*~Isaiah 66:22-23~*~
~ ''For as the new heavens and the new earth which I will make shall remain before ME,'' says the LORD, ''so shall your descendants and your name remain.''
''And it shall come to pass that from one New Moon to another, and from one Sabbath to another, all flesh shall come to worship before ME,'' says the LORD.

~*~Jeremiah 17:24-27~*~
~ ''And it shall be if you ME carefully,'' says the LORD, ''to bring no burden through the gates of this city on the Sabbath day, but hallow the Sabbath day, to do no work in it,''

venecia7 3.07.08 - 04:11pm

''then shall enter the gates of this city kings and princes sitting on the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, they and their princes, accompanied by the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and this city shall remain forever.''
~ ''And they shall come from the cities of Judah and from the places around Jerusalem, from the land of Benjamin and from the lowland, from the mountains and from the South, bringing burnt offerings and sacrifices, grain offerings and incense, bringing sacrifices of praise to the house of the LORD.''
~ ''But if you will not heed ME to hallow the Sabbath day, such as not carrying a burden when entering the gates of Jerusalem on the Sabbath day, then I will kindle a fire in its gates, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched.''

leonado1 27.07.10 - 07:01am
God bless you ur agood writer ,nw what iwant to knw is the verse or chapter which tells us the day of worship in new testament. *

* ADVENT-ARK Forum

Search:
topics replies

* ADVENT-ARK

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search